Most services operate from across the South Terminal, but some of them also stop outside the International Arrivals area of the North Terminal. Tickets can be acquired at desks located inside both terminals.
EasyBus connects the enclosure with the city centre every 30 minutes (every 15 minutes during peak hours) from 4:00 am to 1:00 am, with fares from £2.00 and a journey time of around 90 min. It runs to and from Earls Court/West Brompton, Oxford and Victoria stations.
National Express (Tel +44 871 781 8181) offers direct services to several destinations throughout the United Kingdom, including London (90 min.; £8.00), Heathrow (£20.00), Bristol (£20.90) and Brighton (£7.90).
The Oxford Bus (Tel +44 186 578 5400) leaves to Oxford, with a travel time of 2 hours and 30 min. and a cost of £28.00.
The Gatwick Express
(Tel +44 345 850 1530) travels from the station located in the South Terminal to Victoria, in downtown London, in 30 minutes, with a frequency of 15 min. and a fare of £17.80.
ThamesLink (Tel +44 345 026 4700) operates services to London Bridge (30 min.; £10.30), St. Pancras International, Luton Airport (1 hour and 30 min.), Brighton and Bedford, among other destinations.
Trains from Southern (Tel +44 345 127 2920) run to Victoria (40 min.; £16.10), Clapham Junction, Brighton, Eastbourne, Southampton and Portsmouth.
In addition, Great Western Railway (Tel +44 345 700 0125) provides transportation to Redhill, Reigate, Guildford and Reading.
Cabs available outside both terminals. The fare to London city centre is £22.50 and the trip takes 60-90 minutes, depending on traffic. Reservations at Tel +44 129 355 0000.
Car rental search
Services to and from the airport belong to Metrobus
(Tel +44 129 344 9191). Fares between £1.70 and £2.60.
4 & 5
- County Oak, Crawley, Wakehams Green.
- Every 6 minutes 24 hours a day to City Place, Manor Royal Industrial Area, Crawley, Southgate Avenue, Broadfield, Bewbush.
- Leaves every 15 min. to Horley, Langshott, City Place, Gatwick Road, Three Bridges, Southgate Avenue and Broadfield.
- Every 2 hours Mondays through Fridays to Charlwood, Leigh, Dorking, Westcott, Holmbury St. Mary.
- To Redhill, Horley, Court Lodge, Salfords, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Manor Royal Industrial Area, Northgate, Crawley and Maidenbower every 15 min.
- Operates every 30 min. only during daytime hours to City Place, Manor Royal Industrial Area, Langley Green, Ifield, Gossops Green, Bewbush, Faygate, Roffey, North Heath and Horsham.
- Frequencies of 1 hour Mondays through Saturdays and 2 hours on Sundays, headed for City Place, Gatwick Road, Crawley, East Grinstead, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Godstone and Caterham.
- Hourly service from Monday to Saturday to Crawley, Manor Royal, Cheyne Walk, Horley, Westvale Park, Woodhatch and Reigate.
- Runs from Monday to Saturday to East Surrey Hospital, Whitebushes, Redhill, Reigate, Lower Kingswood, Tadworth, Preston Estate and Epsom, every hour.