Please, before going to the airport to start your trip, make sure you do not have Covid-19 symptoms. Wear a mouth cover and maintain hand hygiene. If you are traveling abroad, consider a negative PCR test performed in the last 48 hours before the flight. Vaccination certificates, if possible translated into the language in which you travel.
It is important that you only go to the airport with the people you are going to travel, without other companions, due to possible access restrictions in the terminal by the authorities.
We recommend that you arrive at the airport well in advance since due to the different security measures, it is possible that the time until boarding is longer than usual. For international flights, attend at least 4 hours in advance.
If you travel abroad, check the entry requirements to your country of destination as they may vary depending on your origin
Before buying a plane ticket, consider certain options that may be available to you according to the destination, namely:
- Direct flights, with stopovers but without change of aircraft, connecting flights with change of aircraft.
- Policy and conditions for rescheduling or cancellation and refund of money, due to uncertainties in restrictions on leaving or entering a country
- If your trip coincides with a high season period, it may be convenient for some destinations to buy the ticket well in advance, call it weeks or even months. In this way, you avoid risks of not having availability or of paying a very high price.
- Consider the flight time. When looking for and choosing the flight, the cheapest is not always the best option. In online search engines when the list of results of your search is returned, you will be able to see in some cases slightly more expensive options but with a much lower travel time due to having shorter stopovers or direct flights.
- Although companies usually give notice in the event of a flight schedule change, it is recommended to check the flight schedule status at least 24 hours before departure, either by phone with the airline or with any of the online tools.
- Information available after purchasing the ticket:
* Identity of the airline or companies with which you will travel, depending on whether it is a direct flight, or with stopovers with changes of plane and company.
* Times of departure and arrival (and connections) always in local time of each place.
* Flight and waiting time (if there are stopovers)
* Detail of the stopovers (if there is a change of aircraft).
* Detail of the terminal where the check in and boarding is done (some airports have more than one terminal).
* Name of the destination airport: Be aware that there are cities that have more than one airport.
* Company policies, luggage and weight limits, depending on whether or not it was included in the purchase.
- Take into account in case of connecting flights, if you have to move from one terminal to another at the connecting airport.
- Still having to dispatch luggage, some companies require you to check in online and print your boarding pass or download it to your mobile phone.