Passengers are advised 1. EVERYONE to contact the Samoa Health Authorities directly 21 days prior to planned travel time by email at [email protected] or [email protected] for clarifications regarding the advice of trip.
2. All travelers will be assessed on a case-by-case basis before permission to travel to Samoa is granted.
3. Due to the current development of COVID-19 and the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant globally; Samoa's borders are closed. All those wishing to travel to Samoa should contact the Executive Director of the Samoa Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Chairman of the Disaster Advisory Committee or any of the Samoa Missions Offices abroad.
4. All Travelers 12 years of age or older, including flight crew, must NOW be fully vaccinated with the 2 prescribed doses, with the exception of the Janssen vaccine before entering Samoa with any COVID-19 vaccine and preferably with vaccinations already prequalified by the World Health Organization (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Janssen-single dose, Moderna, Sinopharm).
5. A legitimate vaccine certificate is required for shipment. Being fully vaccinated implies completing the prescribed doses required according to the vaccine used. All should have completed 2 weeks (14 days) after vaccination prior to travel. The vaccination certificate must be a Certificate / Card Approved by the Health Authority of the country where the vaccination was performed and must contain at least the following information:
to. Country name
b. Person's name: must be the same as the name on the passport or birth certificate
c. National identification / registration number if available
d. Clinic address and contact details
e. Name of the vaccine and lot number
f. Vaccination dates
g. Name of vaccinator (optional)
h. Seal of the health institution if available
6. A printed copy of the vaccine certificate must be presented at check-in and upon arrival in Samoa for the sighting and also during check-in at the quarantine / isolation facility.
7. A negative COVID rtPCR test is still required to be performed within 72 hours of departure from the origin airport. The laboratory result must be presented in hard copy upon arrival in Samoa.
8. Medical authorization signed, stamped and completed by a GP within 120 hours after departure from the airport of origin is still required. The medical authorization must be presented in hard copy upon arrival in Samoa.
9. All passengers with a legitimate vaccination certificate are exempt from performing blood serology. Failure to provide a legitimate vaccination certificate will result in NO BOARDING
10. Passengers who have not been vaccinated or who do not complete the required vaccination doses will be denied boarding.
11. Children under 12 years of age and others who meet the exemption criteria for vaccination under the country-of-origin specific COVID-19 vaccination policy must meet the following requirements:
12. All passengers entering Samoa will be quarantined for at least 14 days or as determined by the Ministry of Health.
Any Passenger or Crew with a positive COVID-19 rtPCR test may NOT enter Samoa, unless they have complied with the following: