Location details, contact information, airlines, departure and arrival flight status, transportation, facilities and services, parking, special passenger amenities, nearby hotels and answers to passengers' frequently asked questions.
La Serena Airport, also known as La Florida Airport and opened on January 19, 1949, serves the IV Coquimbo Region. It operates with domestic flights, in addition to seasonal international destinations in Brazil and Argentina.
Official Website: aeropuertodelaserena.cl
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm.
Airlines: JetSmart (Tel +56 600 600 1311), LATAM (Tel +56 600 526 2000), Sky Airline (Tel +56 51 227 1400).
Annual passenger traffic: 1.1 million passengers went through it in 2018.
Tel: +56 51 227 0353 / 0236 / 3721. General and tourist information centre in the main hall.
The airport is situated 6 km (4 miles) to the east of the city of La Serena, in the Coquimbo region.See Map
The airport has ATMs, public telephones and Wi-Fi access. The Salones VIP Pacific Club lounge, situated on the second floor, in front of gate 2, opens from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, and the maximum stay is 6 hours; it has TV, air conditioning, newspapers and magazines, computers, refreshments, drinks, telephones, Wi-Fi (accessible with Priority Pass, DragonPass or Diners Club membership, or by paying at the door - USD45.00).
Food and Drinks- The terminal has a restaurant on the second level.
Shopping- Options include stores selling souvenirs, glasses, press and tobacco.
Baggage- In case of lost or damaged luggage, head for the counter of the corresponding airline.
The Primera Hacienda Hotel Boutique offers free transfers for its guests and is located 10 minutes away from the airport. Some alternatives are:
Chiki's House (1.1 km/0.7 miles)
Cabañas AlegreMonte (2.3 km/1.4 miles)
Hostal Kay (4.3 km/2.7 miles)
Los Cactus de Islón (4.3 km/2.7 miles)
Hotel Boutique Suri (4.3 km/2.7 miles)
Transfer - Services provided by Sociedad de Radiotaxi Sol del Valle (Tel +56 51 248 4848 / 249 4949 / 9 9530 2272). Available routes include:
- Villa La Florida, Antena, Ceres;
- Downtown La Serena, Mall Plaza, La Serena Bus Terminal, Del Mar Av. from El Faro to Enjoy, Santa Margarita del Mar, Laguna del Mar, Colina El Pino, Barrio Universitario, Serena Oriente, San Joaquín, Cisternas to Cuatro Esquinas, Balmaceda to Paradero 11, Agrado Peñuelas;
- Milagro 2, Villa Los Ibiscus, Los Arrayanes, Alto Peñuelas, Sector Jardín del Mar, Gimnasio Pacific, El Rosario Peñuelas to Gerónimo Mendez Av., Del Mar Av. from Los Pescadores to La Cantera, Alto Peñuelas;
- Bosque San Carlos, Tierras Blancas, Barrio Industrial, La Cantera, Finning, Compañías, Caleta San Pedro, San Ramón, Cielos del Valle, Villa Talinay;
- Central Coquimbo, Sindempart, Las Torres, San Juan, El Llano, La Covico, Parte Alta Barrio Inglés, Punta Mira Norte y Sur, Herradura, Coquimbo Bus Terminal;
- Serena Golf, El Panul, Rinconada El Sauce, Pan de Azúcar to Hacienda Venus.
Taxi - Cabs available outside the terminal. The trip to the city centre takes 15-20 minutes. See the authorized taxi drivers HERE
Below you can find the car rental companies operating at the airport:
Econorent (Tel +56 51 227 0882 - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm)
Europcar (Tel +56 51 256 8275 - Mondays through Fridays from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, weekends from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm)
Mitta (Tel +56 51 256 0432 / 9 5609 0647)
Salfa (Tel +56 9 5382 3302 - 8:00 am to 10:00 pm)
West (Tel +56 51 227 1524 - 9:00 am to 9:30 pm)
The parking lot is rated and charged by the minute, hourly or daily. Losing the ticket implies paying the day or day fraction maximum rate. To cancel the service, head to the payment points inside the passenger terminal. Rates
For special passengers (reduced mobility, elderly, pregnant women, children) it is advised to make previous arrangements with the air company at least 48 hours before the flight.
Latest updates: October 06, 2019