La Serena Airport, also known as La Florida Airport and opened on January 19, 1949, serves the IV Coquimbo Region. It operates with domestic flights to Santiago, Antofagasta, Calama and Iquique, in addition to seasonal international destinations in Brazil.
Official Website: aeropuertodelaserena.cl
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm.
Airlines: JetSmart (Tel +56 600 600 1311), LATAM (Tel +56 600 526 2000), Sky Airline (Tel +56 51 227 1400).
Annual passenger traffic: 775,000 passengers went through it in 2016.
Tel: +56 51 227 0353 / 0236 / 3721. General and tourist information center in the main hall.
The airport is situated 6 km (4 miles) to the east of the city of La Serena, in the Coquimbo region.See Map
Below you can find the car rental companies operating at the airport, available from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm:
Econorent (Tel +56 51 227 0882)
Europcar (Tel +56 51 256 8275)
Hertz (Tel +56 51 256 0432)
Salfa Rent (Tel +56 9 5382 3302)
West (Tel +56 51 227 1524)
The Primera Hacienda Hotel Boutique (Tel +56 51 248 8932) offers free transfers for its guests and is located 10 minutes away from the airport. Some alternatives are: Hotel del Cid (Tel +56 51 221 2692), Hotel Costa Real (Tel +56 51 222 1010), Hotel Fantasía (Tel +56 9 5423 5352), Hostería Aranza (Tel +56 9 8868 7784), Hostal Kay (Tel +56 9 5731 0440), Hotel Boutique Suri (Tel +56 9 5215 8550), Residencial Die Oma (Tel +56 51 248 1748), Hostal La Nonna (Tel +56 9 8363 7374), Hostel Cosmo Elqui (Tel +56 51 256 0806).
The airport has ATMs and Wi-Fi access. The Salones VIP Pacific Club lounge, situated on the second floor, in front of gate 2, opens from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and the maximum stay is 6 hours; it has TV, air conditioning, newspapers and magazines, computers, refreshments, drinks, telephones, Wi-Fi (accessible with Priority Pass or Diners Club membership, or by paying at the door - USD50.00).
Food and Drinks- The terminal has a restaurant on the second level.
Shopping- Options include stores selling souvenirs, glasses, press and tobacco.
Baggage- In case of lost or damaged luggage, head for the counter of the corresponding airline.
Transfer - Services provided by Sociedad de Radiotaxi Sol del Valle (Tel +56 51 248 4848 / 249 4949 / 9 9530 2272). Available routes include:
- Villa La Florida, Antena, Ceres;
- Downtown La Serena, Mall Plaza, La Serena Bus Terminal, Del Mar Av. from El Faro to Enjoy, Santa Margarita del Mar, Laguna del Mar, Colina El Pino, Barrio Universitario, Serena Oriente, San Joaquín, Cisternas to Cuatro Esquinas, Balmaceda to Paradero 11, Agrado Peñuelas;
- Milagro 2, Villa Los Ibiscus, Los Arrayanes, Alto Peñuelas, Sector Jardín del Mar, Gimnasio Pacific, El Rosario Peñuelas to Gerónimo Mendez Av., Del Mar Av. from Los Pescadores to La Cantera, Alto Peñuelas;
- Bosque San Carlos, Tierras Blancas, Barrio Industrial, La Cantera, Finning, Compañías, Caleta San Pedro, San Ramón, Cielos del Valle, Villa Talinay;
- Central Coquimbo, Sindempart, Las Torres, San Juan, El Llano, La Covico, Parte Alta Barrio Inglés, Punta Mira Norte y Sur, Herradura, Coquimbo Bus Terminal;
- Serena Golf, El Panul, Rinconada El Sauce, Pan de Azúcar to Hacienda Venus.
Taxi - Cabs available outside the terminal. The trip to the city centre takes 15-20 minutes. See the authorized taxi drivers HERE
The parking lot is rated and charged by the minute, hourly or daily. Losing the ticket implies paying the day or day fraction maximum rate. To cancel the service, head to the payment points inside the passenger terminal. Rates
For special passengers (reduced mobility, elderly, pregnant women, children) it is advised to make previous arrangements with the air company at least 48 hours before the flight.
Latest updates: August 10, 2018