COVID-19 - Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, services and schedules of the different transportation options may be subject to change as well as the limit of available capacity could be reduced. In turn, due to the changing situation, some services may even be temporarily canceled.
Companies offering this service pick their passengers up outside the baggage reclaim area, door 4.
There are numerous services to the city centre and the suburbs that can be boarded at the transportation centre, connected to the terminal through a covered walkway. There are also regional buses that transport passengers to different areas in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin.
The Orange Line from CTA
(Tel +1 312 836 7000) operates from 4:00 am to 1:00 am to the city centre, with connections to most other lines and stops at Pulaski, Kedzie, Ashland, Halsted, Roosevelt, Quincy and Wabash. Journey time is 20-25 minutes and the fare is USD2.50. The airport station is located in the transportation centre, to the east of the terminal.
Ranks are found in front of the terminal, on the lower level, and cabs have meters. Rides to downtown Chicago cost around USD35.00-40.00, with a trip of 20-40 minutes, depending on traffic. You can also take a shared service with fixed fares (USD18.00 to the city centre). Available operators are: American United Cab
(Tel +1 773 327 6161), Blue Ribbon
(Tel +1 773 508 9100), Checker Taxi
(Tel +1 312 243 2537), Chicago Carriage Cab
(Tel +1 312 326 2221), Choice Taxi
(Tel +1 773 338 9503), 5 Star Taxi
(Tel +1 773 866 9933), Flash Cab
(Tel +1 773 561 1444), Globe Taxi
(Tel +1 773 725 6500), Gold Coast Taxi
(Tel +1 773 271 0163), King Drive Cab
(Tel +1 773 488 8000), KOAM Taxi
(Tel +1 773 973 3535), Royal 3 CCC Chicago Taxi
(Tel +1 312 326 2221), Service Taxi
(Tel +1 773 262 2163), Sun Taxi
(Tel +1 773 736 3390), 24 Seven Taxi
(Tel +1 773 944 0350), Yellow Cab
(Tel +1 312 829 4222).
Car rental search
(Tel +1 312 836 7000) - Fares: USD2.25.
- From Cicero to Lake Park along 47th Street.
- Between Ford City Mall and Cermak/Kenton.
- To the Museum of Science and Industry, stopping at Garfield.
- To Austin and 65th Street.
- Runs along Archer, Cicero, Harlem and 63th Street.
- Night service to State/Washington through Roosevelt, Halsted, Archer and Cicero.
- To Kedzie, Ashland, Cottage Grove and Stony Island along 63th Street.
- Heads for Archer, stopping at Narragansett.
(Tel +1 847 364 7223) - Fares: USD2.25.
- Ford City Mall, Moraine Valley Community College, Orland Square Mall.
- Ford City Mall, Oak Park, Pulaski.
- Ford City Mall, Cicero, Oak Forest Health Center, Rivercrest Shopping Center.
- Ford City Mall, Narragansett, Natchez.
- Ford City Mall, Moraine Valley Community College, Rivercrest Shopping Center.
- Stops at Harlem and Devry University.
- Between Cicero and 47th Street and UPS Hodgkins.
Act II Transportation
(Tel +1 800 769 8891 / 309 799 8891) - Serves Quad Cities, Davenport, Iowa and O'Hare Airport.
(Tel +1 800 448 0572) - Provides services to Joliet, Pontiac, Normal, Morton and Peoria.
River Valley Metro Mass Transit
(Tel +1 815 937 4287) - Travels to Kankakee County and eastern Illinois, all the way to Bourbonnais.
More information on the public transport