|COVID-19: those passengers with a scheduled flight are advised to review the itinerary or flight status, as flight cancellations between some countries are occurring for an indeterminate time.|
Andrés Sabella Airport, opened on November 18, 1954, is the most important in the Antofagasta region and one of the busiest in Chile. In addition to domestic destinations, it operates with some international flights to Peru.
Official Website: aeropuertoantofagasta.cl
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open 24 hours a day.
Airlines: JetSmart (Tel +56 2 2731 8787 / 600 600 1311), LATAM (Tel +56 2 2526 2000), Sky Airline (Tel +56 55 249 3828 / 600 600 2828).
Annual passenger traffic: 2.1 million passengers went through it in 2018.
Tel: +56 55 225 4998.
The airport is located 25 km (15.6 miles) to the north of the city of Antofagasta.See Map
On the first level of the terminal, there are car rental desks from the following companies:
Avis (Tel +56 55 254 674 - Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 am to 11:00 pm, weekends from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm)
Budget (Tel +56 55 563 140 - Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 am to 11:00 pm, weekends from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm)
Econorent (Tel +56 55 222 7017 - 7:00 am to 10:30 pm)
Europcar (Tel +56 55 222 9647 - 7:30 am to 11:30 pm)
First (Tel +56 55 228 9568)
Inter Rent (Tel +56 9 4012 7835 - 7:00 am to 10:00 pm)
Mitta (Tel +56 55 226 2754)
Salfa (Tel +56 600 360 3200 - Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm)
West (Tel +56 55 321 5905 - 7:00 am to 0:00 am)
The Salones VIP Pacific Club lounge is located on the second floor, opposite gate 3, and opens around the clock (maximum stay: 6 hours); it provides computers, snacks, drinks, telephones, fax, TV, air conditioning, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi, and is accessible with Priority Pass, Lounge Club, DragonPass or Diners Club membership, through online booking or by paying at the door (USD45.00).
- Bakery on the first level, coffee shop and restaurant on the second floor.
- Duty-free goods on the second level, mini-market on the first level, souvenirs, sweets, perfumes, cosmetics, newsagents.
- For enquiries about lost property, contact the airport's information telephone (Tel +56 55 225 4998).
- There are minibuses from Transfer Tranhaap (Tel +56 964 293 582) and Transfer Transvip (Tel +55 226 773 000), departing from outside the Arrivals Hall towards the city. The trip takes around 30 minutes, and destinations include North Sector, as far as Salvador Allende Av.; Central Sector, from Salvador Allende Av. until the city baths (Balneario Municipal); South Centre, from the baths to La Minería Av.; and South Sector, from La Minería Av. until Llacolen Beach. Fares
- Metered cabs are available at the exit from the Arrivals area. The trip to the city centre takes approximately 30 minutes.
The parking area is located close to the terminal. It has short- and long-term spaces, and automatic and manual payment systems. Prices
Facilities are basic, including access ramps and adapted toilets. You are advised to contact your airline in advance regarding any special requirements.
Latest updates: September 27, 2019