Passenger guide: data, facilities and services, transportation, car rental, parking, staying overnight, disabled passengers, reviews and flight status.
Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, opened on October 19, 1960, serves the area of Campinas, and due to its proximity to the city of São Paulo and the investments it receives, it is expected to be the busiest airport in Brazil for the year 2020. It operates with numerous domestic flights and some international destinations in Argentina, Uruguay, the United States and Portugal.
Official Website: viracopos.com
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open 24 hours a day.
Airlines: Azul Linhas Aéreas (Tel +55 19 4003 1118), Gol Linhas Aéreas (Tel +55 300 115 2121 / 800 280 0465), LATAM (Tel +55 19 4002 5700 / 300 570 5700).
Annual passenger traffic: 9.3 million passengers went through it in 2017.
Tel: +55 19 3725 5000. There is an information desk operating around the clock on the first floor (Tel +55 19 3795 7240 / 7241).
The airport is located 18 km (11 miles) southwest from downtown Campinas and 98 km (62 miles) to the northwest of São Paulo.See Map
On the Arrivals level there are car rental desks from the following companies:
Localiza/Hertz (Tel +55 19 3795 8538 - 5:00 am to 2:00 am)
Maggi (Tel +55 800 744 0044 - 6:00 am to 0:00 am)
Movida (Tel +55 19 3795 8537 - 5:00 am to 11:45 pm)
Unidas (Tel +55 19 3795 8539 - 6:00 am to 0:00 am)
The airport has a currency exchange bureau (6:00 am to 11:00 pm), ATMs, post office, mobile phone and copying services, internet kiosk and free Wi-Fi access. The Lounge Azul, available from 6:00 am to 0:00 am only for international flights, is located on the mezzanine floor of the terminal and offers a children's area, computers, refreshments, drinks, telephones, Wi-Fi, TV, air conditioning (accessible with Priority Pass membership, Azul Xtra Business passengers, Azul Diamond and TudoAzul Itaucard Platinum customers, or by paying at the door - USD35.00-45.00).
- Restaurants, coffee shops, fast food outlets, pizza places and bars, especially in the Departures area. Fran's Café and Romana Café are open 24 hours a day.
- Duty-free shops on the first floor, fashion and accessories, gifts, perfumes, cosmetics, jewellery, electronics, toys, press, sports.
- Secure luggage wrapping in the check-in area, from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm (Tel +55 11 941 938 006). Left luggage service on level 2 of the car park, from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm (Tel +55 11 5543 0488). The lost and found office is situated inside the multi-storey car park, next to the Arrivals level; it operates Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm (Tel +55 19 3795 7980).
- Beauty salon, pharmacy, massage parlour, car wash, medical clinic, lottery.
There are several services to the city centre and surrounding locations
Azul Linhas Aereas offers its passengers free transfers, presenting the boarding pass or ticket reservation
EMDEC: line 1.93 - Rodoviária, Central Terminal; 1.19.1 - Central Terminal, Jardim Fernanda; 1.98 - Ouro Verde Terminal; 1.96 - Jardim Fernanda, Chácara Pouso Alegre, Ouro Verde Terminal; 1.87 - Campo Belo, São Domingos; 1.88 - Jardim Fernanda.
VB Transportes (Tel +55 19 3733 5000) operates executive lines to Rodoviária and Largo do Pará (Francisco Glicério), in Campinas, to Jundiaí and to Tiete Terminal, in São Paulo.
EMTU (Tel +55 19 3736 5700) offers the following services: line 601 - Campinas, Indaiatuba; 738 VP1 - Indaiatuba; 687 - Vinhedo; 738 - Indaiatuba, Vinhedo.
Timetables and fares
- There are regular cabs from Aerocoop (Tel +55 19 3795 8541) and 24-hour executive services from Taxi Executivo Viracopos (Tel +55 19 3795 8543). Ranks are located on level -1 and the trip to Campinas takes 25 minutes.
The enclosure has a multi-storey car park with covered spaces, located opposite the terminal building and connected to it through a walkway. More information: Tel +55 19 3795 8561 / 800 105 560. Fees
Passengers requiring special assistance or wheelchairs are advised to arrange the proper services with their airline before their arrival.
Latest updates: September 17, 2018