Passenger guide, data, flight status: departures, arrivals, airlines, facilities and services, transportation, car rental, parking, staying overnight, accessibility for special passengers and reviews.
Gobernador Francisco Gabrielli International Airport, better known as El Plumerillo International Airport and opened on May 10, 1995, is one of the most important in Argentina and serves the region of Cuyo. In addition to domestic flights, it operates with some international destinations in South America and Central America.
Official Website: aa2000.com.ar
Number of Terminals - 1 - Open 24 hours a day.
Annual passenger traffic: 2 million passengers went through it in 2018.
Tel: +54 261 520 6000.
The airport is located 11 km (7 miles) north from the city of Mendoza.See Map
There are car rental desks in the international sector of the ground floor.
Alamo (Tel +54 261 448 9977 - 7:00 am to 11:00 pm)
Avis (Tel +54 261 447 0150 - 7:00 am to 9:45 pm)
Europcar (Tel +54 261 520 6130 - 7:00 am to 10:00 pm)
Hertz (Tel +54 261 448 2327/4392 / 810 222 4378 - Mondays through Fridays from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, Saturdays from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm)
Localiza (Tel +54 261 429 6800 / 800 999 2999 - Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm)
Wonder Rent a Car (Tel +54 261 642 8340 / 675 8080 - 7:00 am to 10:00 pm)
The airport has a bank, ATMs, public telephones and free Wi-Fi access. The Aeropuertos VIP Club lounge is situated in the domestic boarding area, next to gates 3 and 4, and opens from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm; the maximum stay is 3 hours and it provides computers, snacks, air conditioning, drinks, Wi-Fi, TV, showers, newspapers, magazines, telephones (accessible with Priority Pass, DragonPass or VIP Club, or by paying at the door - USD36.00).
- There is a coffee shop in the pre-boarding area and confectioneries in the Arrivals Hall and the pre-boarding sector.
- Duty-free articles in the pre-boarding sector and in the Arrivals Hall, in the international area. There are also convenience stores in the domestic sector, snacks and beverages, clothing and accessories, newsagents.
- Trolleys available inside the terminal. Secure luggage wrapping in the central hall. Contact the offices of the corresponding airline or the airport police (Tel +54 261 448 7208 ext. 777) for any problems with your luggage.
- Line 60 connects the airport with the city centre, also stopping at Alameda, Central Hospital and Independencia Square. Stops are located in front of the main access gate of the terminal. More information: Tel +54 261 449 5311.
- There are remises (VIP cabs) from Remise Aerotransfers (Tel +54 261 520 6110) outside the international hall. The trip to the city centre takes approximately 20 minutes.
The parking area is uncovered and found opposite the terminal building. The first 15 minutes have no charge. Rates
Access ramps, adapted telephones and toilets, and reserved parking spaces are available. Passengers requiring special assistance should inform their airline about their particular needs at the time of their booking.
Latest updates: December 11, 2019